Saturday, February 25, 2012

Back in December

Back in December, I won two weeks worth Medifast meals from Stephanie and Kelly.

Being on a modified Medifast diet (3 of their meals a day instead of the 5), I lost about 4 pounds in the two weeks I was on the plan....not bad considering I wasn't 100% sure what constituted a Lean & Green meal, and the fact I was missing out on two of their meals as well.

I was really into the plan, but couldn't justify the cost to myself. Then this happened.

And I realized something. I got comfortable being the fat girl. 


I had found the clothes that worked best for my body, I know what styles to wear, what to avoid, and what sizes I wore it what store. Looking at my wardrobe, I'm safe. I'm content. I'm fat.

I'm ready to change that. I spoke to Marc (while Medifast is NOT expensive, it's alot of money upfront). And we agreed that upon a pay day, I'd make my first month order for Medifast.

I ordered it on Friday (2/17) and received it on Tuesday (2/21)...with a federal holiday in between! I started the meals on Wednesday. I have a health coach, Michelle, who is amazing. She's quick to respond to my emails where I ask 529284732 questions and giving me some recipes to change up some of the recipes. She's checking in on Twitter to see how my day is going. She's another supporter of my plan to become myself, and she makes this process so much easier.

So, once a week I'll be posting an update as to how I'm doing - and hubby is out buying a scale rightnow so I'm stupid excited to be able to track my progress :)




3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I know you will do well :)

    As for the cost, just remember that even though its expensive now, the value of good health can not be measured.

    @mommabrown08

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I really appreciate it...you and Steph have been so kind and supportive of me and this journey. You're both inspirations too :)

      Delete
  2. I am so excited to follow your Medifast journey! The program is totally worth it, I am beyond thrilled with my results in such a short period of time. If you ever need recipes, let me know! I have found some delicious lean & green ones. I love this program!!!

    GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete