Thursday, June 28, 2012

Reconnecting

After (almost) 11 years together, it's easy to let your relationship just bounce around with no effort at all. It's not failing, it's not thriving. It's there.

In an attempt to make sure our relationship isn't just "there", I've been working on making it thrive! I disconnect from the internet/blogging world at least once a week - usually on the nights that Paige is at the in-laws. It's honestly kinda hard to leave my phone in our room and not touch it but it's amazing. To sit there and talk with my husband, the guy I've spent so much time with. Who knows me better than myself and is my closest, best friend.

The nights that we don't have Paige are nothing special. 98% of the time, it's a work night which requires an early bedtime for our 6 AM/7 AM start times. But for us, these nights don't have to be special. It could be something as simple as grilling some burgers, sitting outside talking. It could, rarely, involve dinner out. Walking the mall. Eventually it will grow into working out/neighborhood jogs. I treasure this time we have together.

We're so very lucky to have that one night a week where we can disconnect from the world and reconnect with each other. My relationship needs it.



No comments:

Post a Comment