Friday, April 20, 2012

Y3W| Happy Birthday, Fenway!

As a New England sports fan, Fenway Park holds a special place in history and fans' hearts. It's where our beloved Red Sox have broken our hearts, tested our spirits, and celebrated their accomplishments. Today is Fenway's 100th "Birthday" and it's killing me that we couldn't get to their Open House yesterday to walk the grounds (nor can we afford tickets to today's game).

Fenway is where I was the night before I found out I was pregnant with Paige and we were right across the highway from it on our mini-moon.


Quite the view, huh?


While in Boston on our mini-moon, we spent two amazing games there :)

YAY Newlyweds!! 
(Our shirts actually said NEWLYWED on the back!)


Love Wally and the Boston cop on his cell :)

I was very lucky that in the September after Paige was born, to bring Paige to Fenway in a non-game environment!


Paige with Wally in the outfield

Yes, we got to go IN the Red Sox clubhouse...it was amazing.
And Paige's shirt says "Little Monstah". I figured it was appropriate given where we were 

Paige looking annoyed next to fake Wally.


I am so glad that plans for other ball parks in Boston have failed. There's something to be said about walking into Fenway Park and watching a game where some of the greatest players have played. I am looking forward to bringing Paige to her first game :)


Happy Birthday, Fenway! Here's to another 100 years and many more memories to enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. The hubby wants to go here SOOOOO bad! Some day we might come visit you - SOMEDAY sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an experience, seriously! I've been several times and each time I walk up the ramp and see the field...it's incredible! And honestly, seeing replays of the Sox winning the World Series still gives me goosebumps!

      And I'd love a visit with you :)

      Delete