Monday, March 26, 2012

Toddle Along Tuesday| Names. Names. Names.


For us, a boys name was easy. If Paige had been a boy, he would have been Jason Andrew - named after the retired Red Sox catcher (and I swear he's Marc's hero..or guy crush. Whatever you want to call it). 

A girl's name?
I would have rather had shots of 3 Wise Men or even a Cement Mixer then relive that.

We had been going for WEEKS on a name for our baby if she was a girl. At first, we discussed Caitlin Andrea (<--- my middle name) but I didn't like it. If I had a girl, it needed to be simple, timeless. It also couldn't be anything weird or spelled "youniquely". Since I'm a female and named Shaun and Marc's spelled the weird way, we wanted something where you could hear the name and know how to spell it.
Thankfully, The Office (and Google) came through in a pinch. A few days before the big ultrasound, Marc and I were watching a rerun The Office were Jim was joking around about proposing. In a scene in the conference room, right before a meeting began, Jim turns to Pam and says "Pamela Morgan Beasley. You'd make me the happiest man in the world if..." And Pam quickly interrupts to threaten him if he proposes.
I can't find the video to the actual scene, so here's a storyboard!


It's no secret that The Office holds some serious meaning to me. It was the first show Marc and I ever claimed as "our" show. It was the one we refused to make plans on Thursday night "...because The Office is on"! We walked into the theme song at our reception (which, btw, was a few days before Jim & Pam got married). So it seemed almost fitting that a name would come from someplace like this.
And no, it wasn't "Pamela" or even "Beasely" ;) that attracted me. It was 'Morgan'. Very simple, timeless. But I couldn't bring myself to use it as a first name.

I looked at Marc and said "Morgan should be her middle name." And how quickly he agreed! We were excited...true progress! A name - a middle name, but a name nonetheless! We ran through the list of names we knew. While all great names...we were considering them for our daughter ;), none of them felt right.
The night before our ultrasound, I Google'd "first names to go with Morgan" and was clicking through, reading every single one to Marc. I was on a mission to name our daughter before we found out if we were Team Purple or Team Blue.

Paige came up on the list and we both kept going back to it. Again and again. I did the initial check - PMM -which doesn't stand for anything bad. If she marries a guy with the last name of S, that's her own fault.

We'll fight about Baby #2 if it's a boy (or if it's a girl). We have Jason Andrew and another name we discussed, I thought we both liked and he's changed his mind about. And if it's a girl?

Well...pass those shots.



Link up with Mama G for Growing Up Geeky's

13 comments:

  1. So funny with the Office. Love their names:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's "our show"...we have every season. It's kinda sad lol

      Delete
  2. Love that you used Google to help you. What did we ever do without google?! Paige is a girl name that I love too. So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was telling my nephew about writing papers in the library using books...he thinks I'm lying! lol. And thank you! It fits her 100%

      Delete
  3. My initials are KMS and I always said that it was a good thing that my parents didn't decide to make my first name Pamela. Couldn't help but laugh when you made that reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be SAC and now I'm SAM...It's always interesting! I had a friend who was WTF. I wish I was kidding.

      Delete
  4. Thanks hun! I love yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. So sad that he's gone! I think Marc may have actually cried when he retired...

      Delete
  6. I about barfed in my mouth just reading the names of those shots. Ick. Are you from the Midwest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm from NH! And both of the shots are vomit-inducing...it was horrific to taste them! hahaha

      Delete