Monday, January 9, 2012

Worth a Share

If you have noticed, I am a Pinterest addict fan.(If you're not familiar with Pinterest, it's a site where you can virtually pin items (food, clothes, wedding ideas, decor, books, ANYTHING to your board).


I saw two delicious recipes last Wednesday that I had to try.


The first was Sweet Baby Ray's Crockpot Chicken. The reason it caught my eye was because hubby is obsessed with Sweet Baby Ray's. We also have atleast two bottles on hand and he'll dip french fries, chicken, steak, etc into it. The recipe was super simple:

Boneless skinless chicken
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce (the recipe calls for a whole bottle, but I did about half )
1/4 c vinegar (I didn't have plain vinegar on hand so I used Apple Cider Vinegar)
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp. garlic powder (I used more garlic powder...we love garlic here)




All ingredients in the bowl...ready to be mixed

The recipe calls for 4-6 pieces, but since it's just the three of us, this was plenty


All mixed :)

/*-/*-
The crockpot is ready to go!

This was in the crockpot on low for about 8 hours. The chicken was so tender when it came out that just touching it with a fork caused it to fall apart.

**This recipe was also toddler approved...we should have cooked a third piece because Paige was at our feet begging for more**


The second recipe that I made was for Parmesan Roasted Potatoes. I unfortunately do not have pictures as my hands were wrist-deep in potatoes and the mix :)

4 cups cubed Yukon Gold potatoes3 tbsp olive oil1 tsp garlic salt **I used just normal garlic powder, and probably close to 2 tsp1/2 tsp salt2 tsp paprika **This could have used LESS paprika - it was very hot1 tsp pepper4 tbsp Parmesan cheese

I threw this into the oven in a casserole dish for about 30 minutes, tossed around and then another 15 minutes. Some of the potato cubes were a bit large so they definitely could have used a bit more time in the oven.


Hopefully you'll enjoy these recipes as much as we did!



***Disclosure: These recipes are not mine or created by me. I found these recipes, and their respective links, via Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment