Monday, October 17, 2011

Take it off Monday: Week 1

Here we go. Take it off Monday: Week 1.

I am on a mission. I currently weigh *deep breath* 238 lbs. I have a deal, with the husband, to reach 185 lbs. Once I'm down to 185, we will have baby #2. That's a total loss of 53 lbs (such an odd number)!

I weighed about 150 lbs in high school. I was incredibly active - I played basketball 5 days a week and had a weekend job where I was on my feet and moving.

After high school, I intended on playing basketball at my college. In September 2003 (a few short months after I graduated from high school), I tore my ACL in a soccer game. One of the most painful injuries in my life. Due to my school schedule and how horrible shape my knee was in immediately after, my surgery wasn't scheduled til December. I then had a few complications in the months following the surgery. By the time I was "healed", I was so incredibly lazy and hadn't changed my eating habits, which resulted in my current weight.

So, how do I plan on losing 53 pounds?

Simple changes. Eating healthier, more water, and getting out for more exercise. I do have a gym membership, I just never feel like I have time to get there. My husband, by making smart changes, has lost about 50 pounds since January. I can't even begin to describe how proud I am of him. And now he wants me to join him (and we want to add a second kiddo to our family).

Check back every Monday, where I plan on keeping track of my weight loss, as well as any successes or setbacks I encounter. I plan on treating myself to a reward at certain weight loss intervals - I haven't decided at what weight and what my reward it, but I'll let you know.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment